Thursday, March 08, 2007
The Purple Phoenix Celebrates Women's Day
08 March 2007
1. I woke up early for so that I would not be late for the morning rally.
2. The meeting place is in Kanlungan Center Foundation, Inc. It's the agency where I was assigned for my field work.
3. Wearing a sombrero with a purple ribbon, we rode a jeepney to Sto Domingo where the march would start.
4. We stopped near FEU for a program. It's a good thing that the sun was not emitting much heat.
5. We did not know that violence has already started. The usual...police beats rallyist. Sometimes it pays to be late.
6. The group went to Quezon City Hall for the culminating program.
7. Along with Juvy, we participated in an art workshop.
8. The speech-filled programs started to roll. Kanlungan's Madam Rosa told me that there was a warning that electricity will be switched off if any Resign Gloria statements echo in the celebration.
9. Of course, what do you expect? At 5 o'clock, they cut the electricity. It seems that the City Hall is a big fan of the Fake One.
I decided to ditch the torch parade. I went back to the dormitory and took bath. I stared at my collection of Chiz Escudero pictures before blogging.
I read in a news site that the Fake One got heckled in Pasay during the celebration of the International Women's Day.
Serves her right.
Happy Women's Day.