Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Let's Get Ready to Rumble



Campaign officially starts today. Whew. It's a good thing that my father is running in the local arena which means I still have time to manage my increasing stress. My father is aligned with the administration BUT until now...he is just SURE of two senatoriables. And they are not part of the so-called Team Unity. By just looking at blog, IT'S PRETTY OBVIOUS that the lawmaker from Sorsogon is one of the lucky two.

Though, he's thinking of voting for one member of Team Unity. Here's a clue: his campaign tag before was UBUSIN ANG MGA CORRUPT. He spearheaded the impeachment of a certain Jose Velarde but he seems oblivious of Jose Pidal since he decided to run under Team Unity. Hmmm...

I have a 31-page case to analyze and submit this afternoon but I just have to see the newly improved and spanking site of Chiz Escudero. Must I say...it is really nice! Plus you can hear his campaign jingle that was inspired by one of my favorite bands Sandwich. The song is the ultra-catchy 'Sugod.' The jingle goes something like this: Sugod kasama si Chiz/Boses natin sa Senado/...

Thank goodness he did not chose a Lito Camo composition.

For the uninitiated, Sandwich is one of those bands that have been successful in evading the baduy music territory. Led by the amazing Raimund Marasigan (formerly of Eheads), they have won awards left and right thanks to their musicality and astig music videos. Marie Jamora is a goddess!

It will take months before we know how the midterm elections will end. But I'm pretty sure that it WILL NOT be clean. Why? Should I enumerate the reasons? Isn't it obvious?
1. COMELEC Chairman Benjamin Abalos
2. DILG Secretary Ronnie Puno
3. DND Secretary Hermogenes Ebdane
4. AFP Chief Hermogenes Esperon
5. President Gl...
... I forgot she did not won the elections...
5. Mrs. Gloria Macapagal Arroyo

If this administration will suffer the same fate as Dubya then it's all good.

We will not forget the Ghost of Garci. I will make sure my friends and family will not forget the Ghost of Garci. Sorry is not enough.

As the great Dixie Chicks sang, 'I'm not ready to make nice/I'm not ready to back down/I'm still mad as hell/And I don't have time/To go round and round and round/It's too late to make it right/I probably wouldn't if I could/Cause I'm mad as hell/Can't bring myself to do what it is/You think I should.

I'm not ready to make nice but I am ready to vote.

No comments: