Monday, February 19, 2007

Keep It Real



I have heard the radio ads. I have seen the TV commercials. I have been wanting to rip the campaign posters.

I want to keep it real. Not the ideal...I want the real.

Prospero Pichay
For some reason, the guy is making fun and pun of his family name. This goes to show that he is not serious in his senatorial candidacy. Consider his platform: charter change and abolition of the senate. You read it right. He is running for senator in order to abolish the senate. Enough.

Actual Campaign Line: PICHAY ITANIM SA SENADO
The Purple Phoenix Suggests: PICHAY IBAON SA LUPA

Mike Defensor
He has more posters (mostly in illegal places) in Batangas than Ralph Recto. I'm not kidding.

Actual Campaign Line: WALKING TOL
The Purple Phoenix Suggests: WALKING SHORT

Francis Pangilinan
The loyalty-challenged lawmaker looks eerie in his yellow and green posters with his wide smile.

Actual Campaign Line: K SA SENADO
The Purple Phoenix Suggests: KC AT SHARON ANG NAGDALA SA SENADO

Vic Magsaysay
He should thank me for providing free publicity in my blog.

Actual Campaign Line: MY GUY: VIC MAGSAYSAY
The Purple Phoenix Suggests: MAGSAYSAY WHO?

Joker Arroyo
I now consider him a joke. Where did the iron-clad principle that I once admired?

Actual Campaign Line: PAG BAD KA. LAGOT KA.
The Purple Phoenix Suggests: PAG BAD KA LAGOT KA. MALIBAN NA LANG SI JOSE PIDAL.

Miguel Zubiri
Could you please explain if your family will benefit from the production of bio-fuel diesel?

Actual Campaign Line: AMIGO NG BAYAN
The Purple Phoenix Suggests: QUE BARBARIDAD

6 comments:

vic said...

Hi purple phoenex, seen your link at MLQ and decided to pay you a visit. I also see you have a link to Comelec Ako. Somewhere in his Subsection Botante Kami, I posted a summary of our Electoral process up here in the North and the the Type of Governance and most importantly, the rules that govern the Elections. Maybe you have have heard that one of the most transparent and cleanest elections is the one we conduct here, not perfect in a sense, but compare to most, I could hardly find any fault.

Anyways, even for a young woman, I admire your thoughts and desires for a better Philippines and I wish you and your likes success and you may all realize them soon.. thanks...

The Purple Phoenix said...

Thanks for visiting my blog and thanks for the comments. Sana nga po sir...that our desires for a better country (but first, accountability) will soon be realized. Nakakapagod na.

Anonymous said...

I have these words for you: CHIZ ESCUDERO FOR SENATOR!

Anonymous said...

I have these words for you: CHIZ ESCUDERO FOR SENATOR!

Anonymous said...

I have these words for you: CHIZ ESCUDERO FOR SENATOR!

The Purple Phoenix said...

^Ha! Ha! Obvious ba masyado?