Wednesday, October 04, 2006
The Ten Possible Promises Jose De Venecia Made to God During His Scary Flight
1. I promise not to clap excessively during the State of the Nation Address.
2. I promise not to deliver another long and boring speech.
3. I promise not to encourage my wife's political ambition.
4. I promise to prohibit my son to write another newspaper article to save readers from further suffering.
5. I promise not to frustrate a potential House Speaker rival through extra legal means.
6. I promise to cut my pork barrell in half...during leap years.
7. I promise to berate the majority congressmen every time they gang up on the minority...if Luis Villafuerte comes out of the closet publicly.
8. I promise to push for Gloria Macapagal Arroyo's impeachment...if Mike Arroyo's weight scales down to 160 lbs.
9. I promise to abandon the People's Initiative...for two seconds.
10. I promise to abandon my ambitions as prime minister...if...naka-land na yung plane? Ayos. Lord, hindi ko natapos yung last promise ko ha? I still want to be a prime minister.